Greater Akron Amateur Soccer Association (GAASA) is excited to continue our partnership with Ohio North Youth Soccer Association to integrate within the Ohio North's Red Division of the recently announced Northern Conference beginning with the 2020-2021 seasonal year. This partnership will prove to support all Ohio North and GAASA's members moving forward.
- The Red Division provides Ohio North opportunities to form sub-conferences where member leagues may not currently exist.
- It also gives support to Ohio North's existing member leagues, such as GAASA, within their current boundaries allowing for membership growth.
- The newly formed Northern Conference will strengthen all clubs and leagues as we continue to integrate pathways under US Youth Soccer.
- Simplify administrative processes within a single registration system and fully integrated participant safety compliance.
- Allow for dual carding between Red and White Divisions. Provides flexibility of guest play (club passing) across all Conference Divisions.
- Unification of Conference rules and procedures.
- Support all U.S. Soccer player development initiatives.
- Give leagues the ability to form sub-conferences in geographical areas and/or use neutral field locations to minimize travel times.
"GAASA is excited to be part of this vertical integration," said GAASA President Nic Olechnowicz. "This is the first collaborative venture in many years that has created a vertical pathway for all players. This should prove to be a win-win opportunity for our clubs to register in GAASA and participate in any level of play, Red White or Blue and simplify the administrative process. This will allow coaches and player to focus on the beautiful game, have consistent promotion/relegation between seasons, and attract new and former clubs back to GAASA.
"Our members continue to provide us with valuable feedback," said Ohio North Executive Director Jen Fickett. "As a valued member of Ohio North, we are excited to collaborate with GAASA and its members to educate and provide greater opportunities for everyone through this vertical integration as we continue to Provide Pathways and Serve Communities."
For more information, contact GAASA President, Nic Olechnowicz, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information and Frequently Asked questions are also posted here: http://www.gaasa.org/NC-FAQs